March 26, 2008

Love.

The cause for this blog is a random transience due to lack of sleep (thanks to my work! :|). Read at your leisure.

Read:
-----------------
The Architect: "...Your five predecessors were, by design, based on a similar predication: a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of the One. While the others experienced this in a general way, your experience is far more specific. Vis-à-vis: love.

Neo
: Trinity.

The Architect
: Apropos, she entered the Matrix to save your life at the cost of her own.

Neo
: No.

The Architect
: Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the Anomaly revealed as both beginning and end. There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the Source and the salvation of Zion. The door to your left leads back to the Matrix, to her and to the end of your species. As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know what you are going to do, don't we? Already I can see the chain reaction: the chemical precursors that signal the onset of an emotion, designed specifically to overwhelm logic and reason. An emotion that is already blinding you to the simple and obvious truth: she is going to die and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

[Neo turns and walks to his left.]

The Architect
: Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.
-----------------

Ok, enough of the matrix. I was just trying to portray the most basic human nature. Love. I don't know why I want to do it now... maybe it is choice.

How do you define love? It was a rhetoric; don't bother. Each of us have our own reason for it. We love at different levels, in different ways with different people.

Love for our parents, our siblings, that special someone, friends, work... many...
One so strong that it makes us weak...
One so bright that it blinds us...
One so simple that its complexity is beyond definition...
A silence that is so loud...
It makes us do what we would never do otherwise.

Why does it appear to have an influence on each of us that has a shade of negativity attached to it? Maybe we are putting a boundary, a restraint making ourselves feel like a caged animal. Probably. As when it applies to our work - if we love doing what we do - then there are no limits. From my case- love for riding frees me of the fear of meeting with accident, hell, even making a mistake. We become unlimited in our way. So much energy when let free, when we follow what we love, its exhilarating.

But. Still we limit. We feel we have our obligation to (for e.g.) society that we have to be doing certain things to be in that acceptable bracket. Insanity, as others call it, is the very love that I/We want to live in n live by - it is what I/we love do - mine/our perfect world, utopia. But, gaaah.... we limit ourselves. Why? Who do we have to impress? Our family? Our friends? People unknown to us? God? I definitely don't have the last two. My family knows me, they know I am to everyone as I am to them. My friends - they ought to understand that! Well, they do! But still I am restraining myself. Is it just that I am holding off from myself?

There is some bit of fear left in me, I guess. That fear of losing someone or something still exists. Just an inch. That's all that remains. Should I break it? All I need to do is face it. But that doubt itself stops me. I guess it's that very fear that is making me write this blog which resembles an 'avial' of many like 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull', 'The matrix',.. I dunno others... there might be!

Though not perfect in the context, I still ask - why people shy away from facing what they fear or are disturbed by. That's all it takes.

There is another PoV on what love is. It's about what we love. 'Semper fi!!', they would cry out loud about what they love. Is love always good? how much of it is left to perspective? It is always good to the one who has it and it is about perspective to others. In that lies all the happiness and sadness on planet earth. and perhaps if there are other forms of life which are 'capable of feeling' - there too.

This rather vague blog just ends here as I am sleepy...
Feel free to leave a comment. :)

'Hope. It is the quintessential human feeling, simultaneously the source of my greatest strength, and my greatest weakness'

Goodnight!
Neo.

3 comments:

Head_hunteR said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! Got some sensible crap der man! As much as unforgettable those Matrix quotes are, there exist a perfect blend in your work! Keep bloggin!

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

"One so strong that it makes us weak...
One so bright that it blinds us...
One so simple that its complexity is beyond definition...
A silence that is so loud...
It makes us do what we would never do otherwise."

Love couldn't have been defined in a better way. :)

Would like to keep these lines with me, who knows, when do I get to write it down in a card/mail to someone... :P

GhosH said...

I never thought u ll write about love.

The lines that u ve used to define love is superb.

Good one buddy :)